Self Pay Program for Uninsured Patients
The Betty Jean Kerr People’s Health Centers (PHC) is committed to providing comprehensive primary health care to the residents of St. Louis metropolitan area – regardless of their ability to pay.
Sliding Fee Information
Betty Jean Kerr People’s Health Centers (PHC) offers discounted healthcare services on a sliding fee scale. The amount of the discount is based on your family size and income, and can be fully discounted if you fall below 100% of the federal poverty guideline. There is a nominal fee of $25 for medical,* $50 for specialty services, such as dental, podiatry & optometry,* and $35 for radiology.
To qualify for the sliding fee scale, one of the following documents as proof of income is required and must be dated less than 30 days prior to your date of service:
- One recent check stub & picture identification
- Last year’s tax return (not valid after April 15th of current year unless you are self employed. Schedule C section of tax return is needed, if you are self employed)
- A letter from the Division of Employment (unemployment statement)
- Current W-2 forms (Self Employed patients only or schedule C section of tax returns)
- Document reflecting child support or alimony
- Food Stamps award letter
- Social Security/Disability award letter
- Current 12 credit hour schedule for full time students or 9 credit hour for graduate students.
If you qualify for the sliding fee scale, you will pay the nominal $ fees listed above at the time of the visit.
*The fee increases to $75.00 if you do not bring proof of income. After the visit, you will receive a bill for the remaining balance (if applicable).
Sliding Fee Discounts at a Glance
2021 Income Levels for 100% Discount